Memoir44

Come and introduce yourself here
wargamer1979

Memoir44

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hello Everybody,

I'm Graham and have been using Kallistra for my Memoir44 war gaming since last November. The Pink dashes are settlers of catan roads to divide the board into three according to the Command And Colours rules. The size of the board is slightly different size from the usual board but this does not affect gaming. [One of our current house rules is overlapping kallistra boards do not count as hills only real hills - hope to buy the sloping hexes soon to smooth things out] Below are some of my photos. Best wishes Graham
Attachments
Japanese v US (Using Imperial Japanese Army Rules and US Marine Corps Command Rules)
Japanese v US (Using Imperial Japanese Army Rules and US Marine Corps Command Rules)
Lakes and Mountains Battle (Memoir44 Rules)
Lakes and Mountains Battle (Memoir44 Rules)
dane

Re: Memoir44

Post by dane »

very nice
Sally

Post by Sally »

Hi and welcome to the forum Graham :D . Thanks for posting your photos, your gaming table is looks great.
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

I keep meaning to try doing something like this. it must be nice to have more space for those 4 strong tank units !
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hello Everybody

Thank you for your replies - hope you have been enjoying your war games. I have bought four new tables - two feet ten square so I can make my kallistra games even bigger! Attached are some of more of my pictures.

Best wishes

Graham
Attachments
Epic memoir 44!  Using break though deck but capping ALL to just 5 or possibly 6.
Epic memoir 44! Using break though deck but capping ALL to just 5 or possibly 6.
Even bigger battle field with new tables!
Even bigger battle field with new tables!
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

what method do you use to divide the board into 3 sectors ?
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi Gabz

To divide the board into three sections I use "roads" from a game called "settlers of catan". These can be purchased on their own from an online supplier called "Board Game Extras". They are just small sticks really - lots of colours available.

Best wishes

Graham
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

hi
ok I will take a butchers.
cheers , best wishes to you too.
Gabz
Norm

Post by Norm »

Hello Graham, I went to a show last year where they were using Kallistra for M'44' they used red ribbon to divide the board up - it sounds too brash, but it actually looked quite good, probably because it was pulled tight and pinned under the wooden board.

From memory, I think it was a multi player game with one player per sector, not sure how they handle the card allocation doing that, but everyone looked like they were enjoying it.
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hello Norm

Thank you for your post and alternative to divide the board. You are correct in saying that memoir44 can be played by a group of people - ideally 8 but 4 and 6 can work as well.

If there are 8 people there is an overall commander who chooses which cards are played and hands them to his three field generals. There are rules say that the commander can choose up to three section cards providing the sectors on the cards do not overlap or just one tactic card. If its a tactic card then the overall commander plays it. Orders are stated - the troops move and then combat occurs and the cards are replaced.

Hope this gives you an idea but there may be other variants.

Best wishes

Graham