Hello from a hex gamer

Come and introduce yourself here
Norm

Hello from a hex gamer

Post by Norm »

Hello all, nice to have signed up to this friendly forum at last.

Firstly, just a quick thanks to Paul and Sally for a superb product, service and commitment to the hobby. Having done the show circuit for many years as a punter, I find their consistent friendly and enthusiastic manner has always been a draw for me.

I am a lifelong board gamer, so the hex is an old friend, with my first board game purchased in 1977. Prior to that I was doing 1/300 micro scale armour. The marriage of figures and hexes has always seemed a natural thing to do as I love the sense of order that comes from the hex.

I am presently running a blog called Battlefields and Warriors, which specifically exists to highlight gaming in small spaces (not everyone has or can use a big table) and articles cover a mix of board gaming and figure gaming subjects.

Most recently, I have been doing a project based upon getting a figure wargame onto a large pinboard sized area (something just under 3' x 2') and this has morphed into using a 4" hexed small playing area. Hopefully the kind of games and rules used and blog posts that will fall out of that will interest visitors to this forum. I will post some blog links into the forum as they become appropriate to Kallistra products.

Having lurked here for a long time, I have enjoyed the passion and creativity behind the posts and look forward to being part of that and reading more about your games.

Norm.
dane

Re: Hello from a hex gamer

Post by dane »

hi norm

what board games do you play?

Dane
Sally

Post by Sally »

:D Hi Norm and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your positive comments. I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting information and links on the forum. Please keep us informed of the progress of your project.
Norm

Post by Norm »

Dane, I play a wide range, though over recent years have looked for systems that have a lower density of rules. My most recent plays have been Hold Fast (block game), a Ghost Panzer (tactical WWII) and Danube 20 (Napoleonic series). Each of those games have been commented upon in some detail on my blog, which also examples my other gaming interests ... Link http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks Sally, I hope to get some rules shared with everyone here.
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

hi Norm.