Kallistra Hexon Assembly on YouTube

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
Sally

Kallistra Hexon Assembly on YouTube

Post by Sally »

Many people have asked us, “What’s the best way to set up Hexon terrain boards?”. In response, I've has made a quick video to show you how I do it!

http://youtu.be/RIQvy35K604

Hope you find the video helpful :)
Tommyb2985

Re: Kallistra Hexon Assembly on YouTube

Post by Tommyb2985 »

They are now on my 'got-to-have' list.
Hopefully soon after the Holidays.
von Klinkerhoffen

Post by von Klinkerhoffen »

Nice 'how to', inspiring stuff.
von Klinkerhoffen
Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!
Zippee

Post by Zippee »

Having just received several boxes for Christmas all I can say is that Sally makes it look much quicker and easier than it is - I got tiles turned around when I did it and found the clipping of the corners to be tricky. That said it was easy enough, looks great and the assembly is probably more practice and knack than anything.

One question though - is there any chance of half tiles to finish off the edges? I know not strictly necessary but would finish off the aesthetic.
von Klinkerhoffen

Post by von Klinkerhoffen »

I agree Sally does make it look easy, but assembling them with someone else to 'help' is easier. Also you can adapt this method to suit.
Forming a frame is a brilliant idea which makes the tiles very stable; you won't have to worry about them being knocked - unless of course someone is especially forceful?
von Klinkerhoffen
Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!
Sally

Post by Sally »

Zippee wrote:Having just received several boxes for Christmas all I can say is that Sally makes it look much quicker and easier than it is - I got tiles turned around when I did it and found the clipping of the corners to be tricky. That said it was easy enough, looks great and the assembly is probably more practice and knack than anything.
Hi Zippee, when it comes to setting up Hexon boards, practice makes perfect! ;)
Zippee wrote:One question though - is there any chance of half tiles to finish off the edges? I know not strictly necessary but would finish off the aesthetic.
We do produce half hexes for customers. The single Hexes can be cut Point-to-Point or Mid-side-to-Mid-side. Clips can be used to secure them in position if required. A pack of 10 singles will produce 20 half hexes.

If you would like to order some, please use the online shop by adding a single pack to your shopping basket and adding a message in the 'Notes Box' indicating Point-to-Point or Mid-side-to-Mid-side. There is a cutting charge of £2 per pack.
Zippee

Post by Zippee »

Thanks Sally,

Yes I'm getting better at it already :D

That's great news - January is a bit lean and I'm still working out what additional items I might need but was planning on putting an order together for Salute, so I'll work some half-hexes in to that.
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

that is good about the half hexes , I might get some as well when funds allow !
Rassmappprewpo

Post by Rassmappprewpo »

This posts is very informative. Thank you!