Tigers in the Snow - Memoir 44

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
wargamer1979

Tigers in the Snow - Memoir 44

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi folks

Hope you are enjoying the sun - its probably one of the hottest days of the year! So I thought I would post some pictures of snow and ice to cool down!

The pictures are of the Memoir 44 scenario "Tigers in the Snow" which uses two winter white boards. The photos show this set up using kallistra (brown boards painted white). I ran out of single white hexes so the two boards are joined with 4 green single hexes. It takes 18 hexon II boards and 5 singles to make one Memoir 44 board.

Some of the hills I have used brown desert to make up the numbers in the corners.

Due to the shape of my room its actually hard if not impossible to fit the entire game in the camera viewer - here is most of it though - the full length is 26 hexes.
IMG_1185.jpg
IMG_1183.jpg
IMG_1184.jpg
Hope you enjoy the photos.

Best wishes

Graham
dane

Re: Tigers in the Snow - Memoir 44

Post by dane »

Hi Graham very nice are your winter boards flocked our sprayed as on the close up photos there seems to be texture on some our is it just me

Dane
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi Dane

There is texture on the tree underlays - I overpainted the green flocked ones - they did absorb some of the paint though covered ok.
Also the river hexes were flocked ones originally before I painted them white and blue mixed with white so they also have texture.
The hexon II boards themselves and the hills do not have texture other than dust that has settled on them.

Best wishes

Graham
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Hi Graham, very impressive snow scene. I like the way that you have used the single hills to create a more undulating snow scape!
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk