Operation Market Garden - Memoir 44

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
wargamer1979

Operation Market Garden - Memoir 44

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi folks,

I have been setting up Operation Market Garden using my kallistra - Memoir 44 - nearly ready but to complete the set up I am waiting for another pending delivery.

I have had a few problems with the roads. Kallistra make all the necessary pieces - but the left & right fork and four way pieces are made as a double hex with a straight. Often setting up Memoir 44 scenarios the adjoining straight is not required.

[I am also keen to set up Borg's "The Great War" trench scenarios using kallistra - one scenario has been made available to the public so far. Kallistra's range of trenches suffers from a similar problem with the left and right fork pieces - I hope kallistra can extend the range slightly to accommodate the extra possible single hex pieces.]

Here are my pictures of Operation Market Garden:

The whole market garden set up (still needing a few more roads and tree hexes):
IMG_1118.jpg
British Airborne - looks like they are going to have a tough time:
IMG_1114.jpg
Spot the german tiger: (this is a king tiger model)
IMG_1115.jpg
American airborne:
IMG_1116.jpg
Look forward to my kallistra order coming this week and having a game soon.

Best wishes

Graham
dane

Re: Operation Market Garden - Memoir 44

Post by dane »

Very nice looking board

don't any of theree single hex tiles work for what you need
https://www.kallistra.co.uk/index.php?page=61

Dane
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi Dane

Thank you for the reply. There are still some more possibilities with the trenches e.g. a single hex trench which goes left as well as straight. A single hex trench that goes right as well as straight. And a single four way trench piece. As soon as you add a straight to any of these pieces it restricts their use and also in the case of the four way piece there is another possibility as well as the restriction].

The roads also have this limitation. The roads though are fairly flat and there are pieces available that can be cut though this is not perfect as leaves a rougher unfinished side. The trenches are moulded into shape so I think it would be better to have the single hexes moulded and cutting may not be possible to get all the shapes.

Best wishes

Graham
Norm

Post by Norm »

That looks a really nice set-up. It would make a nice demo game at a show - especially with the flags adding a nice touch.
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi Norm

Thank you for your post. Its the scenario used in the classic film "A Bridge Too Far" which has a really great cast!

Here is a picture of the British XXX coming to the rescue.
IMG_1127.jpg
Best wishes

Graham
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hello,

Thank you Sally for sending me the "road junctions" by special order - very nicely finished - they are great.

Here are my pics of the finished market garden setup.

Picture 1
IMG_1130.jpg
Picture 2
IMG_1129.jpg
Best wishes

Graham