Board games into war games - Memoir 44

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
wargamer1979

Board games into war games - Memoir 44

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi folks,

I have set up the first Memoir 44 board game scenario using Kallistra called "Pegasus Bridge" for a game. [The scenario uses Green American playing pieces to represent the airborne troops.]

"The late hours of June 5th 1944... Led by Major John Howard, the men of Oxford and Buckinghamshire Light infantry step aboard 6 Horsa gliders on a secret airfield in Dorset. Their mission to lead the first airborne assault of D-Day and capture two bridges, one astride the Caen Canal, the other over the Orne River, in Normandy"

Here are my pictures:

Here is the whole board set up:
IMG_0420.JPG
"Pegasus Bridge" worth one temporary medal advantage to the British:
IMG_0417.JPG
Germans standing by to try to protect "Orne bridge" from capture also worth one temporary medal to the British
IMG_0419.JPG
Has anyone set up any other memoir 44 scenarios using kallistra - your pictures please?

Best wishes

Graham
dane

Re: Board games into war games - Memoir 44

Post by dane »

Hi Graham

Have done it with the Napoleonic version of the game pictures are on the site in the other hex based rules section I have also done Samurai Blades and the Avlon Hill classic Squad leader using 15 mm figures

Dane
Norm

Post by Norm »

I have not done M44 myself - but a few years ago at a game show, there was a game in progress using the Kallistra tiles. They had used red ribbon to section the board off into three areas.

I am thinking about doing some sections of Victory point Games 'Danube 20', but my table would not be big enough to replicate the whole boardgame map at anyone time. In the '20' series, formations are often Corps in size and that would interest me on a small table.
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi folks

Thanks for the replies, here is another Memoir44 Scenario I have set up using kallistra:

Scenario 16 in the base set:
Severn Gap, Vosges - September 19-21, 1944

Here are my photos:
IMG_1097.jpg
IMG_1098.jpg
[For now I have used Tide of Iron tanks as they are slightly bigger and more detailed than the Memoir44 ones.
Although I have some plastic soldier company 15mm scale shermans to build that might look good.]

Best wishes

Graham