Gettysburg Day 3

Post your Battle Reports here
Burnside

Gettysburg Day 3

Post by Burnside »

The final 3rd day of fighting concluded with a frontal assault by 10 thousand Confederate infantry towards Cemetery Ridge. Known as Picketts Charge, due to the Major General who directed the offensive: Pickett! The Confederates advanced at walking pace for 16 minutes under a hail of musket and canister fire and only a small section even made it to the walls that provided the Union Brigades their cover. The assault commenced at 1500 hours. The Confederates had to scale the fence line on Emmitsburg Road and between the farms of Codori and Bryan they made their advance. Pickett said to the lines of troops 'charge the enemy and remember old Virginia!'.....the wargame today pretty much copied the events of the day....Confederates obliterated!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Norm

Re: Gettysburg Day 3

Post by Norm »

A lovely series of posts. You have some very nice terrain effect going on there. One of my project tasks this year is to improve the look of my terrain.
Burnside

Re: Gettysburg Day 3

Post by Burnside »

Thanks Norm, pleased you liked the posts. I hope to do others on the historic date (s) of further battles with the ever expanding collection.
The terrain was mainly created using fine silver sand and pv glue, I used door mat for the wheat field and a great product magic water for the brook / river (after many hours of research on the computer) thanks for the feedback. Burnside.