The Battle of Caerfen- Orcs v Elves

Post your Battle Reports here
Ratty

Re: The Battle of Caerfen- Orcs v Elves

Post by Ratty »

Thanks for the reply, Dane.
I think I've discovered the problem with my strategy... it's the CURSE OF THE CAMERA!
Each time I record the game to write up, a loss is sure to follow. The most recent game played resulted in a dramatic win for the orcs. It was spectacular- the entire main assault of mountain orcs, cavalry and giants smashed into the elf lines and caused havoc! Mark's flanking troops, backed up by three units of dragons, were nullified by a mix of heavy infantry and archers. Never has a victory so great been seen before, but no evidence of this dramatic orc win exists... perhaps to avoid the camera curse I should capture the key moments in watercolours... hmmm.
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Hi Norm,
Thanks for the earlier post. The "massed" look which you liked is always something I too try to go for, hence the choice of orcs with their massed hordes. I always like to have lots of infantry for dramatic effect.
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Hi Ratty,
I thoroughly enjoyed your detailed battle report and pics. You've inspired me to record some of our H&H club games - I'll be taking some photos of the game tonight and do a battle report.
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply.
Looking forward to the battle report.