I recently ordered some late war ww1 minis for a command and colours project and I thought I would share with you how I am getting on.
Firstly I would like to thank the kallistra team for their speedy packing of my order and good service.
If you are familiar with the c and c system then you will know there are approximately 4 playing pieces in each command unit. To fullfill this requirement it is necessary to base the miniatures as “singles”. Although I have grouped a couple of the command figures together as well as mortar plus a loader.
I opted out of using the bases that come with the minis and purchased some 20mm x 20mm bases as well as 25mm x 25mm bases. I think that bases with a bit of height to them like a “plinth” give the miniatures a nice finish.
EDIT (I am now going to use 50mm x 25mm for the artillery and rebase them, all the other pieces fit on 20mm x 20mm apart from the p.s.c. Mortar)
I used super glue gel in the small tubes to glue the minis to the bases. I found this easy to apply.
Painting the minis I used spray paint desert brown for the British and grey for the Germans. I find this the quickest, and least messy way to apply a base coat to a large number of miniatures.
Some of the miniatures in the photos are plastic soldier company minis which are fractionally larger than kallistra minis. I think they blend in well and will work together on the battlefield.
I am pleased with the outcome of my miniatures. I won’t hesitate to place further orders with the kallistra company again soon to expand my army and to explore more of their range.
Thank you for reading. Please post your experiences if you play c and c ww1.
Thanks for the reply. The width of the c and c ww1 board is 12 hexes which means it fits in exactly 4 feet of space which is nice . The depth of the board is 11 hexes but to get that exactly requires two rows of single hexon pieces. This will also fit within 4 feet of space.
So space wise quite convenient if you have a large square table or two to play epic c and c.