bespoke items

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
colingee

bespoke items

Post by colingee »

I now know that Kallistra do road hexon that goes from ground to height, something I didn't realise. However, do kallistra do bespoke items, if ordered in large numbers and fall within the physical confines of existing hexon? Thanks.
Paul K

Re: bespoke items

Post by Paul K »

Hi,
Because Kallistra is a design and manufacturing company we have the equipment and technical knowledge to produce bespoke items. We always try and be responsive to the individual requirements of gamers - if we can produce non standard items in a cost effective way in terms of time and money we will endeavour to do so. However, the quantity required, level of deviation from the standard items, any addition tooling and production time required are all important considerations.
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
colingee

Post by colingee »

Excellent. Thank you.
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hello all,

Just a quick question on bespoke items / future possible products - further to an email I had from Kallistra how
are the additional "trench packs" and "road packs" with special pieces coming along in development?

*** Special pieces was to include the "forks" and possibly "cross road" single hexes that I would still like to acquire.

Best wishes

Graham
colingee

Post by colingee »

Hi again. Just exploring all possibilities here, but could you, and more importantly, would you manufacture hexon with 200mm flats if requested? If the problem is purely size, how large could a hexon be produced? Thanks.
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Hi Graham,
The new road intersection pack is already available on our website and is just awaiting photos. Each pack contains 2 left-hand forks, 2 right - hand forks, 2 crossroads plus a 3 and 4 way intersection - 8 pieces in all, available flocked and unflocked. The photos will be added very soon.
I have modelled the new trench intersections but we have not made the production tooling yet. This may take a little while because our tooling and remoulding schedule is looking very full.
Kind regards
Paul

Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Hi Colingee,
Re: 200mm Hexon. The 100mm or 4 inch across flats size for Hexon has become the standard size for hex based miniature gaming. We could produce different sizes, but the tooling costs would be massive and there has been little or no demand for alternative sizes from our customers.
Kind regards
Paul

colingee

Post by colingee »

No problem, was just asking, as we wargame in 20mm. Can I please send you some bmp files in a pm so you could tell me if they are feasible to produce within your existing tooling?