Mars kallistra

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
wargamer1979

Mars kallistra

Postby wargamer1979 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:23 am

Hi Kallistra,

I would like to make a Mars board with kallistra Hexon tiles for game such as Steve Jackson’s 1977 release OGRE that would work well on planet mars / polar ice region / planet perhaps. I am also thinking that kallistra might work well for the forthcoming publication “On mars”. Firstly does anybody please know of any other mars hex based rule systems and where to obtain models / miniatures in the UK.

I like the desert hexes that kallistra currently make - is there a more reddish brown flock available for flocking that I could either please buy as a special purchase or flock myself using the blank brown boards? Or would spray painting the kallistra boards a red / orange colour look ok do you think?

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

Best wishes,

Graham

chopperboydan

Re: Mars kallistra

Postby chopperboydan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:19 am

I have sprayed the brown tiles before with good results when making my Hoth Ice planet board. I think a red/ earth colour with some craters and mountains would be ideal :)
"USUTHU!"

chopperboydan

Postby chopperboydan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:45 am

I'd cover the tiles in a sand first though to give a rough texture , you don't want a smooth surface for mars ;)
"USUTHU!"

Norm

Postby Norm » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:20 pm

I have put a link below to the Sci Fi page at Second Chance Games.

have a look at the High Speed Hover game, square grids (that shouldn't matter) and large vehicular counters, it may have interesting rules that would suit.

LINK
https://www.secondchancegames.com:7081/index.php/scifi

Paul K

Postby Paul K » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:29 pm

A couple of years back I made some experimental 'Mars' type Hexon boards for a scifi project. They are stored in the unit somewhere! I will seek them out and post some photos.

Return to “Kallistra General”