WWI

For all your modelling and painting discussions
Kenneth

WWI

Post by Kenneth »

I any getting ready to order some Germany and Brtis for Raging Empires and was inquiring about what paints to use to give them the most accurate uniform scheme possible. I am by no means and expert on WWI and am seeking some guidance.

Thanks in advance!
dane

Re: WWI

Post by dane »

Hi Kenneth

Germans had a dark grey tunic with lighter grey trousers the actual grey's would depend on where they where made and how long they had been warn at the front I have seen a photo of 8 german tunics all together and all a different shade. I myself use GW, Mechanicus standard grey and fortress grey on mine.
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Hi Kenneth,
For the Brits I use Vallejo 70.921 English Uniform as a base uniform colour over a light spray matt black primer. I then highlight or dry brush with Miniature paints 87 khaki. For the webbing I use a 50/50 mixture of the same khaki and Miniature paints 62 sand. A slight variation in uniform colour is probably pretty authentic!

For the Germans I use Miniature paints Dark grey 7 highlighted with mid grey 6 and 87 khaki for the helmet cover. You could use mid grey for the trousers highlighted with light grey. I have never tried painting the red unit numbers on the front of the helmet cover but I have met a couple of chaps at wargame shows that have, but I never seen any photographic evidence as yet!
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
Kenneth

Post by Kenneth »

Thanks for the info guys! Can I possibly get paint lists for the other countries available so I know for future reference?
LanrezacMini

Post by LanrezacMini »

I will try to sent you a pdf file for french and germans.
It's in french for the moment (sorry) :oops:
Attachments
Campagne de la Marne 1914 Guide Peinture.zip
(347.94 KiB) Downloaded 1246 times