Post by dane »

CLASS MOVE H to H CHAR STANDS COST
INFANTRY C 1 CR 3 + 1 4 8
ARCHERS (7+) C 1 CR 1 4 7
MARINES B 1 CR 3 + 2 A1 4 9
SKIRMISHERS (7+) C 2 CR 1 E2 4 7
CHARIOT RUNNERS (7+) B 2 CR 2 E2 4 7
CHARIOTS (6+) B 3 CR 5 +3 A1 3 14

Chariot Runners:- While to side our rear of a chariot may move at Chariot speed as long as they stay with the chariot for whole move maintaining same position relative to chariot unless chariot enters combat then runners may make a 1 hex move into combat. Only 1 unit of runners can move with one chariot unit.

Archers:- Egyptian archers used deep formations of archers to represent this you may combine 3 units of archers into 2 units of 6 stands. you may do this for all your archers

Dane
Gabz

Re: New Kingdom Egyptian

Post by Gabz »

Interesting.I've got some 6mm scale Egyptians.
How many chariots were you encouraging per unit ? Also I was wondering if their shooting would be so effective as to be 6+ ?
Other ideas I would suggest would be Pharaoh could be a hero General . Not sure about command but it should be quite good :-)
dane

Post by dane »

Hi Gabz

the men in the Chariot arm of the Egyptian and Hittite's were the best of the best at the time on a scientific note they have built an Egyptian war chariot using original building processes taking the blue prints from temple drawings and found that it was a very stable platform to shoot from even on rough and uneven ground and was able to turn in a circle roughly 1 and a 1/2 times its length. if you want to try them at a 7+ instead just drop the points cost to 13

I have them at 3 chariots per unit

on Hittites I was thinking that as they where bigger with more men I was thinking of 2 way's to make them differ from the Egyptians 1 is to increase the combat factor to 6 (+3) the other ids to keep the stats the same but have 4 chariots in a unit with the same stats

any feed back would be welcome
von Klinkerhoffen

Post by von Klinkerhoffen »

dane wrote:Hi Gabz

The men in the Chariot arm of the Egyptian and Hittite's were the best of the best at the time. On a scientific note they have built an Egyptian war chariot using original building processes taking the blue prints from temple drawings and found that it was a very stable platform to shoot from even on rough and uneven ground and was able to turn in a circle roughly 1 and a 1/2 times its length. if you want to try them at a 7+ instead just drop the points cost to 13
Dane, curious about where the above info is from? Not questioning it, just curious?
von Klinkerhoffen
Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

Hmm , hard to say with the Hittite chariots but I would be more inclined towards having same unit size as the Egyptians , but higher combat factor , personally :-)
dane

Post by dane »

The Chariot was on Nat Geographic went through the whole build and did the combat testing with an archer shooting at target's at various speeds

Dane
dane

Post by dane »

Gabz

yes probably be easier
Dane

will try and work on Punic wars Carthage and Roman next anyone any armies you are desperate to play test

Dane
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

I have some early imperial Romans , but no opponents as of yet , unless they were to fight each other in a Roman civil war:-)
von Klinkerhoffen

Post by von Klinkerhoffen »

dane wrote:The Chariot was on Nat Geographic went through the whole build and did the combat testing with an archer shooting at target's at various speeds

Dane
Sounds interesting, unfortunately only get freeview channels so missed this one. :(
von Klinkerhoffen
Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!
dane

Post by dane »