Samurai v Teutonic Knights

Post your Battle Reports here
dane

Samurai v Teutonic Knights

Post by dane »

After Chasing the Mongolian Horde West my Samurai Came across a new enemy barring my way
IMG_0164sm.jpg

So my Samurai Deployed to oppose them
IMG_0166sm.jpg

The Teutonic's moved first and came on I advanced my Infantry towards a wood and hill that was in the middle of the table my 3 Units of mounted Samurai moved up my left flank against large numbers of mounted xbows and Knights. Then on turn 2 my first unit of Ashigaru Bowmen crested the hill and he hit 11 out of 12 9+ to hit (this was going to be a long day) killing it completely.
IMG_0177sm.jpg
IMG_0184sm.jpg
In the next turn things got really Hot as he charged his 3 Teutonic knights at my 3 Samurai Cavalry
with great skill the Samurai stopped the 2 side units of knights with there bow fire leaving the 1 in the middle to fight all 3 and died following up in my turn I hit the other 2 knights and a unit of mounted x bows which resulted in pushing the x bows into a wood a stalemate and a tactical withdraw by one of my units. In the center there was what could be described as a car crash as foot Samurai and ikko ikki fanatics charged into the x bowmen unfortunately the Samurai where shot off back into the wood but the ikko ikki hit and bounced.

IMG_0177sm.jpg

IMG_0184sm.jpg

further to my right the Teutonic spearmen where finding my Ashigaru Hand gunners very difficult to deal with as my spearmen got into place to hit them
IMG_0178sm.jpg

In the Teutonic's next turn he hit my Cavalry unit fighting against his x bows in the woods as I was fighting against an opponent in a wood I couldn't count stands where his unit that hit me wasn't in the wood so did and I lost my second unit of Cavalry my 3rd was put upon by his knights but held on in a stalemate for 2 turns until some spearmen turned up. but surprisingly I managed to get away after losing half the unit he then fell back as he didn't like my Cannon park which was causing him great annoyance there then was a mighty clash of infantry which the Ashigaru won the killing 1 enemy general as they went the ikko ikki also ploughed in and by the time they had been killed had dispatched 2 and a half units of the enemy. by which time more than half the teutonic army was dead I had lost a 3rd of my army and we had 3 generals on the table out of 8 that had started a real blood bath which was touch and go the whole battle
dane

Re: Samurai v Teutonic Knights

Post by dane »

More Photos that I couldn't attach
IMG_0178sm.jpg
IMG_0187sm.jpg
IMG_0181sm.jpg
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Good battle report Dane. I see the three games between the Samurai and the Teutonics as merely a rehearsal for another bash!
Surely two marginal victories is only equal to one major victory! The Teutonics WILL win in the end! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
dane

Post by dane »

Well Paul

I am not so sure about that after all you have changed the Samurai army list in the update making my missile troops harder. :D :D
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

nice batrep. are the teutonics really hard to use or just unlucky ? :D
dane

Post by dane »

they did have some bad luck but also I have played as the Teutonics v Mongols and know what needs killing first and what to leave

Dane
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Great report. Was the teutonic army selection tweaked between battles or the same list kept in the hope of victory?

Ratty
dane

Post by dane »

Hi Ratty

Both army's changed slightly as we started at 200 last game was 250 the next will be 300 Although with Teutonics you know your going to get a lot of hard Armoured cav and foot if I can get hold of a tablet may try live battle report updates during the game.

Dane
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Sounds like a great idea. I'll have to try to put on a report as well.

Ratty