I am reading the pdf rules of the Medieval version of Hordes & Heroes and I have some issues about movement and Hex facing (page 12, paragraph "unit facing within a hex").
1) rules says that during movement, any unit can alter its facing by "one hex side or point with no movement penality" . This means that all the four following cases are allowed without no movement penality :
- a unit facing a hex side turns in order to face one of the two adjacent hex sides
- a unit facing a hex side "slightly" turns in order to face one of the two adjacent points
- a unit facing a point turns in order to face one of the two adjacent points
- a unit facing a point "slightly" turns in order to face one of the two adjacent hex sides
Is this assumption correct?
2) rules says that "units facing a point can in effect vector to the front left or front right and therefore still RETAIN their POINT or SIDE facing". I don't understand how a unit which was facing a point could retain its side facing, since... That unit was not facing any side, but instead it was facing a point! (maybe I completely misunderstood the meaning of the sentence because English is not my first language, sorry!