World War One Range

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
nelly

World War One Range

Post by nelly »

Would there be any chance of a release schedule for this range?

The initial infantry are great and I wondered when the support weapons, artillery and cavalry will be making an appearance :)
Sally

Re: World War One Range

Post by Sally »

Hi and welcome to the forum Nelly.

The heavy machine gun sections for British, French and German will be available from the end of next week, and will be available at the Warfare, Reading over the weekend 16th and 17th November. The Belgian HMG will follow shortly afterwards - we are currently carrying out some re-modelling of this pack.

The field artillery packs and cavalry packs for all western front nations will be released over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas.

So keep a look out for them :D
nelly

Post by nelly »

Sounds great :) Thanks Sally, I look forward to the releases :)
MagpieGamer

Post by MagpieGamer »

Very much looking forward to this as well. Got the British and German Infantry already.

Are you planning on adding any WW1 rules?
Any chance of doubling the number of bases in a pack? I assume your standard 8 figs to a base would not look right with these figs.

BTW I think you may need to change some settings for the forum, it looks as if the spammers have broke in already!!!
Chris K
Site Admin

Post by Chris K »

MagpieGamer wrote: BTW I think you may need to change some settings for the forum, it looks as if the spammers have broke in already!!!
Hi MagpieGamer, the spam-bots certainly are rife. We're tweaking settings at the moment they should start to go away soon.
dane

Post by dane »

Hi MagpieGamer if you need more bases Kallistra do have packs of spare bases I myself have been putting between 5-6 figures on a base. The 6's tend to have the Officer's on

Dane
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

MagpieGamer wrote:Very much looking forward to this as well. Got the British and German Infantry already.

Are you planning on adding any WW1 rules?
Any chance of doubling the number of bases in a pack? I assume your standard 8 figs to a base would not look right with these figs.
We already have a set of WWI rules which were specifically written by a very good friend and WWI enthusiast which we have used many times to fight the battle of Cambrai. The plan is to use the same game mechanics to create a rule system to cover all the phases and theatres of the war. Ambitious yes, but we aim to have the western front early war set available by Salute next year for a large Battle of the Marne game – all hex based!

on the subject of basing; I'm basing my infantry 5 and sometimes 6 to a 20 x 40 base, which seems to work well. We sell extra bases in packs of 12's and 50's
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
malittlemen

Post by malittlemen »

Hi Paul,
I have ordered my first Kalistra WW1 miniatures and I am fairly keen to find out what will be in the rest of the range, for instance will you be modeling french marines, colonial troops and some of the heavier artillery.
Cheers Martin
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Your WW1 minis have just been dispatched and should be with you shortly.
malittlemen wrote: I am fairly keen to find out what will be in the rest of the range, for instance will you be modeling french marines, colonial troops and some of the heavier artillery.
Future releases will focus on more early war western front then progressing to late war western front before looking at other theatres of this epic conflict. we aim to produce a selection of heavier artillery pieces but infantry, cavalry, field guns etc. are the priority at the moment. The aim is to make this a really comprehensive range - but it will take time!
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
malittlemen

Post by malittlemen »

Thanks Paul,
I always enjoy painting your figures and I am looking forward to painting the WW1.
Cheers Martin